SIUC Dept. of Communication Studies RSOs
BrandU is a one-day event hosted by the Department of Communication Studies at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. The event is organized by CMST students and is designed to give SIU students, alumni, and guests access to successful industry professionals, social media influencers, and communication experts. Students learn how these individuals use communication to conduct business, lead and collaborate with others, make money, or generally do what they do every day. Students have an opportunity to ask questions and learn directly from those in industry. The goal? Get students thinking about how they can use the communication skills and knowledge they are learning in the classroom to be successful professionals.
How to [ ... ].
How to lead virtual teams
How to set up a studio/equipment to share digital stories
How to develop a successful YouTube channel
How to overcome adversity
How to use universal design to make content more accessible
How to use intercultural communication in global business
How to present a great presentation in Zoom
How to build diverse and inclusive teams
This year we're encouraging presenters to demonstrate how they work (or provide examples of their work).
Check back often to see who we've scheduled!
- Everlena (Lena) Williams, HR Business Partner, Global Operations / HR Project Leader, Global Sales at Sandvik Coromant [Info] - TOPIC: Intercultural Communication as a global HRM
- Farooq Shah, Brand Manager, Comcast Business [Info] - TOPIC: Resilience at Work
- D'Anthony Williams, Senior Account Executive, Digital/Influencer Strategy at MSLGROUP & co-founder National Millennial Community [Info]
- Julie Lubbers, Strategist at Sylvain Labs, co-founder National Millennial Community [Info]
- DJ Jeffries, Class of 2017 - TOPIC: Adjusting to graduate school [Info]
- Danielle Lorentz, Class of 2020 - TOPIC: Adjusting to graduate school
- Kevin Rufty, Training Magazine's Top 25 Emerging Training Leader | Learning & Development Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill [Info]
- Shermaine M Perry-Knights, Master Instructional Designer | Speaker | ATD 2020 One to Watch Award Winner [Info]
- Angel Prince, Director of Operation, Prince Appraisals & Speaker for Leader Dogs for the Blind [Info]
- Michael Shrewsbury, Professional YouTuber (Locked In and Alternative Cycling Network)
- Scott Berkun is the National Best Selling Author of eight books on design, creativity, and public speaking [Info]
VIRTUAL ROOM #1:
VIRTUAL ROOM #2:
THOUGHTS & HANGOUTS
Networking Event #1
Learn About a Degree in Communication Studies
Networking Event #2
Networking Event #3