SIUC Dept. of Communication Studies RSOs
The following are the scholarships and amounts available to CMST students for fall 2020.
Available Awards & Criteria
All awards below are one-time disbursement awards; they do not automatically renew.
Paul Hibbs Memorial Scholarship (2 awards @ $500 each)
- This is an academic achievement award given to undergraduate students each year with at least a 3.0 GPA, recognizing academic excellence and co-curricular achievements.
- Must be a current CMST major returning in fall 2020 (transfer students not qualified)
Robert L Carr Speech Communication Scholarship (4 awards: 2 @ $1000 each and 2 @ $500 each)
- Recipients of this scholarship shall be an undergraduate with junior or senior status majoring in or pursuing a graduate degree in Communication Studies.
- Must be a transfer student who will start fall 2020 as a junior or senior CMST major, or a current junior or senior CMST major returning in fall 2020
Dr. Albert J. Weitz Scholarship (2 @ $500 each)
- Dr. Weitz (Ph.D. 2002) left a bequest in 2013 to establish a scholarship for students in the field of Communication Studies. The scholarships, given regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status are given to Communication Studies majors in good standing, who demonstrate financial need.
- Must be a transfer student who will start fall 2020 as a sophomore, junior, or senior CMST major OR a current CMST major returning in fall 2020
New Major / Recent Transfer Student Scholarship (1 @ $1000 & 1 @ $500 each) - DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 3/6/20
- This is an award given from the generous donations of CMST faculty and alumni in recognition of those who are new to the Department of Communication Studies. Two awards will be given to full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate students who have transferred to or declared Communication Studies as a major in the past year (spring 2019, fall 2019, or spring 2020 by application deadline). Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 OR (not both) CMST grade point average of at least 3.2 for fall 2019 semester.
- Must be a recently declared CMST major (spring 2019, fall 2019, or spring 2020 by deadline) arriving or returning to SIU in fall 2020
- Current High School students with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, who have declared CMST as their major by application deadline, will be considered
You can fill out the form below, or you can open new tab.